Dr. R.K.satapathy is a Reader at the Department of Political Science, North-Eastern Hill University. He has a teaching experience of 29 years. He has been associated with CSDS since 1998 and was the state coordinator for Mizoram.
Area of Interest: Political Theory, International Politics and Electoral Politics.
- Contextualising Development in the State – Civil Society Paradigm of Mizoram in “Peace and Development in Mizoram: Role of the State and Civil Society” Ed. J.K.Patnaik, Deptt. of Political Science, Mizoram University, 2008.
- Constructing a Model for the Peace Process in Mizoram in “Genesis of Conflict and Peace: Understanding North East India Use and Abuse”, Eds. Anuradha Dutta and Ratna Bhuyan, Akankshya Publications, New Delhi, 2007.
- Seventy-Fourth Constitutional Amendment: A Need for Municipal Government in Mizoram in “Urban Local Self-Government in North-East India”, Ed. R.N.Prasad, Mittal Publications, New Delhi, 2006.
- Positive Vote for the State Government In Mizoram in “Economic & Political Weekly” Vol. XXXIX No. 51, Dec. 18-24, 2004.
- Mediating Peace: The Role of Insider-Partials in Conflict Resolution in Mizoram in “Faultlines” Vol.15, Feb. 2004.
- Village Council in Mizoram and Panchayati Raj System : A Comparative Study in the “Administrative Review”, Journal of the Indian Institute of Public Administration, Aizawl Regional Branch, 1995 Annual Issue.
- Local Self Government in Mizoram: Some Observations, in the “Landmarks: A Study of Public Administration in Mizoram” eds. R.N.Prasad & A.K.Agarwal, Pub. IIPA, Aizawl Regional Branch, Aizawl, 1995.
- Dissecting People’s Mandate in Mizoram jointly with Yogendra Yadav & Sanjay Kumar in “The Hindu” on Dec. 12, 2003.
- Priorities and Problems in Political Science in “Research Priorities in North-East India with Special Reference to Mizoram” ed. L.S.Gassah, 2001.
- End to Congress (I) Rule in Mizoram with CSDS team in “The Hindu” on 1998.
- Relocating the Concept of Nation State in a Globalised World Abstract published in Social Science Abstracts, Vol. XXX, 2006.
- Relocating State in Globalised World Abstract published IPSA Abstracts in 53rd All India Political Science Conference, 2006.
- Concept of State Sovereignty in the Context of Globalisation Abstract published in Social Science Abstracts, Vol. XXV, 2001.
- Defining Low-Intensity Warfare in the Context of Pakistan’s Kashmir Policy Abstract published in Social Science Abstracts, Vol. XXIV, 2000.
- U.S. Policy and Sandinista Rule in Nicaragua (the book under print) by Mittal Publications.