Dr. Sudhir Kumar is co-ordinator of UP (East), LOKNITI, Center for the study of Developing societies ( CSDS) , Delhi. He retired as Reader and Head , Dept of Political science , DAV Postgraduate college, Azamgarh affiliated to VBS University, Jaunpur. He taught Political Science at graduate and Postgraduate level since 1974. He graduated from Allahabad university and earned post graduation with a Gold Medal from Gorakhpur university, Gorakhpur. He has done his Ph.D. on "ADMINISTRATION OF UNION TERRITORIES IN INDIA" from Gorakhpur university, Gorakhpur. He has been teaching courses on Political Sociology, Indian Politics, Comparative Politics and Political Process in India especially Uttar Pradesh. His area of interest is Modern Political Theory, Comparative Politics and Political Sociology. Presently, he focuses on Government and Politics in India with special reference to Uttar Pradesh.
Association with Acdemic Bodies
Life Member of Indian Institute of Public Administration, Delhi. Member American Politcal Science Association till 2008. Life Member of Indian Political Science Association. Life Member of UP Political Science Association. Life Member of Poorvanchal University Political Science Association. Member Advisory Board Shodharthy, Kanpur Academic Counsellor, IGNOU Member Academic and Executive council of VBS UNIVERSITY, JAUNPUR 2013-2015.
- Political and Administrative Set-up of Union Territories in India, Mittal Publication ,New Delhi. 1991. -Reviewed by Prof . Kuldeep Mathur , Centre for Political -Studies, JNU, New Delhi Pub., Political Science Review, Vol.29 (1-4)
- Adhunik Rajnitik Sidhanta, MPS Pub.,Varanasi, 1991.
- Rajneetik siddhant, Pratyush Pub., Delhi,2013.
- Rajneetik vicharon ka Itihas ( in press)
Seminar & workshop and Presented paper
- “Dimensions of UP Politics” in UP Political Science convention held at KS Saket college, Ayodhya (RML Avadh University, faizabad) on 21-22 Mar.1998.
- Presented paper on ‘Indian Political Culture’ in National Seminar on ‘Political Culture In India’ held at DAV College, Azamgarh in 1997. Presented paper on ‘Governor in Indian states’ in All India Seminar sponsored by UGC held at JNSPG College, Maharajganj, Gorakhpur on 5-6 oct.1989.
- Presented a paper on “ Political Alienation Among Some Professional Groups” at Indian Institute of Advanced Study ,Rashtrapati Niwas , Shimla.
- In Sept,2002 Presented paper on “Political Participation of Women” at Indian Institute of Advanced Study , Rashtrapati Niwas , Shimla,
- In Sept.2004 Presented paper on “Panchayati Raj in India” in UGC sponsored seminar under COHSSIP scheme at DG College, Kanpur.
- Participated in Summer workshop in Research Methodology and teaching in Political Science at BHU Varanasi , 4-23 May,1987.
- Participated in summer school on “Research Methodology : Analyzing quantitative data on Indian Politics” organized by Indian Institute of Advanced Study , Rashtrapati Niwas , Shimla & Lokniti, CSDS, Delhi, from !6-29th June 2008.
- Participated in 18th Biennial international conference at ADELAIDE UNIVERSITY, ADELAIDE , AUSTRALIA in the year 2010 and presented paper entitled "Inclusion and EthnoPolitics in India".
- Delivered lecture on 'Indian Political culture' in Refresher course organized by Academic Staff College, Deen Dayal Upadhya University, Gorakhpur on 13th Nov. 2019.
- Delivered lecture on 'Significance of Sampling in Empirical studies', in Refresher Course organized by Academic Staff College, Deen Dayal Upadhya University, Gorakhpur on 14th Nov. 2019.
- Evolution of union territories in India, Indian Journal of Politics, Vol. xxxiii, No.1 & 4, 1989.
- Jawahar Lal Nehru –Champion of Tribals, The UP Journal Of Political Science, Vol.1(2),Jul.-Dec., 1989.
- Issues in 1991 Election, The UP Journal Of Political Science, Vol.3, (1&2),1991.
- Political Participation of women in India, Indian Journal of Politics, vol. XL (4),Oct-Dec. 2006.
- Relevance of Caste on Political Choice of women ,(Unpublished)
- Uttar Pradesh: signs of congress revival, Economic & Political weekly, 26 sept, 2009.
- Uttar Pradesh : Making sense of Mandate, Hindu Newspaper.
- 'Inclusion and EthnoPolitics in India", Asian Studies, university of Adelaide, Australia,July 2010.
- Sixteenth Assembly Elections in Uttar Pradesh, Economic & Political weekly, vol 47, (14),Apr. 2012.
- उत्तरप्रदेश िवधान सभा चुनाव : दशा एवम् िदशा , हस्तक्षेप, राष्ट्रीय सहारा ।
- A comparative study of Social Relations between Native and Migrants in Mumbai and Banglore' , International Journal of Social Science & Interdisciplinary Research (IRJC),vol. 1(7), July, 2012.
- ' A comparative study of Patriotic and Parochial Attitude Among Natives and Migrants in the city of Mumbai and Banglore',International Journal of Social Science & Interdisciplinary Research (IRJC),vol. 1(10) October, 2012.
- 'Impact of Globlisation on Mass Media and its exposure in India', in the book 'Globalization and India: Past Experiences and Future Challenge', Ed. Dr Shiv Shankar, Dr Chalmalla Venkateshwarlu, Dr Kankata RajaRam, pub. HISS, Hyderabad,2013.
- "Uttar Pradesh : The ebb and flow of Party support", In the book 'Party Competition in Indian States', Ed. Suhash Palshikar, KC Suri, Yogendra Yadav, OUP, DELHI, 2014.
- 'A Saffron Sweep in UttarPradesh', Hindu Newspaper, 23 May 2014.
- "Saffron Sweep in UttarPradesh', in the book 'Electoral Politics in India : The Resurgence of Bhartiya Janta Party, Edited by Suhash Palshikar, Sanjay Kumar and Sanjay Lodha, Routledge, New York, 2017.
- 'Post poll Survey : why Uttar Pradesh's Mahaganthbandhan failed, Hindu Newspaper, 26 May 2019.
- 'Failure of Mahaganthbandhan, Economic & Political Weekly, Aug. 3, 2019.
- Quoted in article ' 10% Muslim voted for BJP in UP Survey', Sunday Guardian, 24 May, 2014.
- Quoted by catch news ' why Mulayam Singh is missing from compaign trail' Feb,23,2017.
- Quoted in article 'End of MGP in UP hurts credibility', Sunday Guardian, June 8, 2019.
- Quoted in article' Sheila Dikshit's second innings, in UP, will be her most difficult', LIVE MINT, 15 July 2016.