Mirza Asmer Beg is Professor in the Department of Political Science, at the Aligarh Muslim University, India. His doctoral work was awarded the 'best dissertation prize' by the American Studies Research Centre, Hyderabad for the year 1996. He specializes in Strategic Studies. He also has a keen interest in electoral studies and Muslim Politics in India. He is the State Coordinator (U.P. West) for the surveys conducted by the Centre for the Study of Developing Societies. He is a Fellow of the Salzburg Global Seminars, Austria.
- How democratic is an Islamic form of Government. Humanities and Social Sciences Review (2) 1. 2013. UniversityPublications.net
- The Muslim Political Parties in Uttar Pradesh and Assam. In Economic and Political Weekly, October 27, 2012.
- Uttar Pradesh: Signs of a Congress Resurgence? In Economic and Political Weekly, September 26- October 2, 2009.
- Indo-US Civilian Nuclear Deal : Separating Facts From Truth. Indian Journal of Politics, July-December, 2008.
Articles in Books:
- Uttar Pradesh: The Ebb and Flow of Party Support. To be published in a book entitled Party Competition in Indian States: Electoral Politics in post-Congress Polity, edited by Yogendra Yadav, K.C. Suri and Suhas Palshikar, Oxford University Press.
- Secularism: The Indian Perspective, in A.R.Kidwai (ed.) Higher Education: Issues and Challenges. Viva Books. New Delhi. 2010.
- National Integration: The Indian Experience, in A.R.Kidwai (ed.) Higher Education: Issues and Challenges. Viva Books. New Delhi. 2010.
“In The Tug-Of-War” Gyan Sagar Publications, New Delhi, 1999.
- “Muslims in India: Perspectives, Planning and the road ahead” (ed.) with A.R. Kidwai, Concept Publishers, New Delhi, 2012.
- “Perspectives on National Integration” (ed.) with A.R.Kidwai, Viva Publications, New Delhi, 2012.